Thursday, March 12, 2009

Childhood in an Email

Timmy and Lassy.



























Studebaker Vehicle... I don't remember this exact car, but my grandfather had an orange studebaker truck. It was a piece of work. He loved that truck! Love you Gramps.











Silver Christmas Tree with rotating color wheel. I remember my grandmother had this tree... this very same tree. She was so excited when she set it up. Each year the panels in the color wheel were replaced with a different color scheme. The one I remember most vividly was the pink and purple. Love you Grams!



Skate key... I think I still have my old skates. Not sure where the key went... I remember using any kind of tool I could find when the key was lost.





My Uncle use to run a movie theater in town. This was the kind of projector he used. Miss you Uncle.







This tray made the BEST tasting and COLDEST ice cubes ever! I miss ice like that!




This was a family sport ... we'd all gather around and watch the top expand like it was magic. Usually didn't taste all that great because we'd always get so excited watching it we didn't notice the smell until it was burnt.








OH yeah! That paper was perfect for making these gum paper chains. I remember my chain wrapped around my ceiling over the bed headboard, up over the curtain rods... and back again. Mine was green!






My mom and her friend collected these green stamps together. Each time they went to the store, they would earn a certain number of stamps depending on the total money they spent. Some foods were on "stamp specials" and you would get more stamps for that item. You collected, licked and put the stamps in a collection book. I remember my mom looking through the green stamp catalog, planning what she would redeem the stamps for. There was a little store called the Green Stamp Store and it had all kinds of household goods you could exchange the stamps for.


























































This was sent to me by Debbie. I remember all of these! The statement at the bottom of the page said,














"If you can remember these, you have truly lived!"

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment